Friday, July 01, 2011

1st Year of Homeschooling Starts In 1 Month

Our first official year of homeschooling starts in 1 month from today. I am filled with all kinds of emotions based on the day, but mainly gladness, joyfulness, and excitement that the Lord has opened doors and led me upon this path of homeschooling and being able to truly ENJOY being with my kids.
My daughter will be entering "kindergarten" but for her learning, reading, and knowledge have just been an everyday part of life so she is not anticipating much to change even though I am working to explain that we will follow a schedule most days and be a little more structured than we are now.
I just can not believe that since I have started researching homeschooling 2 years ago that the days is coming. At this point I am feeling confident and organized to be able to both homeschool and work full time running an in home child care business. I know that with the help of the Lord and myself remaining patient and allowing the past notions of what "school" is suppose to look like go, then we will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment