Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Are you able to Rejoice in God?

When your baby has been up every two hours, and you get up again in the morning with or before your kids, your house is a mess, you're busy serving breakfast, your kids are asking where there clothes are, your husband is leisurely getting himself ready for work, and now he is asking where the clean basket of clothes is, and you have not begun to get yourself ready for the day ARE YOU ABLE TO REJOICE IN GOD? I have not been, days around my house had drifted so far from what I wanted them to be and how I knew God wanted me to direct them.

What I realized is that my daily life has slowly crept in and consumed me and my daily moods. My moods which set the tone for everything I do in the day and everyone I come in contact with. I was no longer placing my hope and joy in the God . I knew but had forgotten that where one finds hope, there follows joy, and where there is joy, there follows rejoicing.

God calls us to be joyful and have hope, but He also calls us to be patient in affliction.

Prayer is powerful to help us be joyful and to rejoice. I pray that I can discover again joyfulness in hope, patience in affliction, and faithfulness in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment