Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Start of Home Pre-Schooling

We are into week 3 of homeschooling our 4 1/2 year old daughter and everyone involved is loving it. I have been so excited every day to get up extra early to prepare our materials needed for the day, my daughter can't hardly wait to learn new things, our days are so much more structured and predictable which really helps the time of the day pass until dad gets home, and I have already see so many changes in both myself and my daughter.

On top of homeschooling I have an in home daycare business, so I include the children into as much of the lessons as I can as I am teaching my daughter which to my surprise has gone very well and the parents are super excited everyday to see what their child has learned or accomplished. The curriculum we have chosen is also a God centered curriculum so it goes hand in hand with my Christian daycare philosophies and I am excited to know that someday one of the seeds I have helped plant in these kids will start to grow and bloom.

I love seeing my child's excitement and sense of accomplishment, and could not imagine sending her off to school where I would not be able to share in these same daily feelings with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment